Sunday, October 27, 2013

Patches & Gretchen CD Release Party


Saturday October 26, 2013 - Even Break Gallery

Patches & Gretchen Throw a CD Release Bash

     Patches And Gretchen celebrated the release of their latest CD; “Who The Hell is Richard Manuel” at the Even Break Gallery in South Minneapolis last night and a great time was had by all.    Although my life flashed before me as I was s-l-o-w-l-y inching my way up the front stairs, once I made it, everything was fine. 
     Now this blog will not be a review of the music since I was higher than a giraffe’s ASS and with ear plugs and all the meeting, greeting and camaraderie, I couldn’t focus solely on the band but they were grooving and everyone was enjoying it.  You could tell that a lot of work went into making this evening an enjoyable experience.  Good food, good wine, good music.  Barry Thomas Goldberg attended and sang a couple of cover songs with the band and then Arnie Fogel joined him for a couple more.  I know there were probably a lot of other people in attendance that I knew but honestly I was in a very pleasant fog.  This used to be at least a weekly occurrence for me but due to crappy health it’s now a rare event and I pick them very carefully.  The clincher came when I got a personal invitation from Gretchen herself, how can I pass that up? 
     Patches & Gretchen performed on “Live From Studio 5!” last Wednesday and you can listen to that show from anywhere on the planet just by clicking here: https://archive.org/details/174PatchesGretchen 
Flickr pix of that show can be seen here: L5 Flickr
Here are some videos of that performance on our You Tube Channel:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BLlAQG-eCA
Here are some pix of the event…..
Thank God after it was over, it was much easier going DOWN those stairs!
Costumes were encouraged.







Barry Thomas Goldberg and his date.

My date.

Barry singing to Gretchen


Arnie Fogel joined Barry for a couple numbers.

Barry and The Thug.  Wearing my H3K T-Shirt.

NO MORE PICTURES!

The Thug with Arnie Fogel.  Leather was the theme for us COOL guys!
By the way, this is my ghost writer and her daughter....

No comments:

Post a Comment