Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Climbing Trees and Disaster Birds

Here I am, Live, from Studio Five (Two, actually, if you're going to be technical) on this, Wednesday night, and you know what that means!

As I am still getting into the flow of blogging here, and you've but just met me, my posts probably won't be THAT good,

but for tonight, I want to say a little about Climbing Trees, which I had the pleasure of seeing some of last week.

First, I'll hook you up with the live stream: http://kfai.org/playlists/610/2012-10

And then, I'll show you this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY8SJkypy6o

It's from last year, but it's a good song. I liked the band Climbing Trees, I only stuck around for a bit, but they're definitely a group I'll keep on my radar. I can see myself rocking out at a concert with them, or cranking them up for a day of productivity.

But now, the more I listen, I realize how sexy they are. They seem to be aware of this, as their reverbnation page bio says, "Springing out of depths of the Minnesota "Turtles" music scene comes Climbing Trees with competent grooves that makes your girl shake her tittys. The Climbing Trees are a clammy plamed, jetsetting drunken orgy of the ears."

Or maybe I'm the only one that finds "clammy palmed ear orgies" sexy. It also helped that their drummer Vincent, disrobed right off the bat. Granted, studio Five gets pretty steamy, but some do it better than others. I was sad that the wrestling mask was also a casualty however, this band definitely holds up its image.

From here, I start prepping for tonight's band, "Disaster Bird."
I saw them hauling equipment through the hall way. According to their facebook, I can tell I'll like them. Their instrumentation includes a trumpet, accordion, glockenspeil AND mischief. I'm going to go shmooze so I'll have something to write about next week!

Also, I've had an ear worm this week, "The Sunny Era." The Thug told me they've already played for us, and that makes me sad, but I'll write more about them later too. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment